Re: A strange new phenomena

On Sun, Aug 18, 2013 at 03:18:22PM +1000, Zenaan Harkness wrote:

> Yes. The only sliver was "upgrade to sid, ...

Ouch! That's bad advice, the point of no return.

> or the latest xorg-driver

Apparently it was working at some stage and it was an UPGRADE which
CAUSED the OP's problem? So upgrading further without any knowledge of what
is causing the problem can only exacerbate the problem.

> you can lay hands on".
> The fact that it happens before startx is run, is perhaps due to some
> of the graphics driver stack now being in the Linux kernel.

Right, and do we know the video hardware, kernel, video driver, etc. ...
?

oppressing." --- Malcolm X