Using Thunderbird to reply to a mailing list Was Re: Quoting Style

On Friday 16 August 2013 17:10:33 David Guntner wrote:
> Regardless of those preferences, on a mailing list where you don't know
> what mail program someone reading is going to be using, it's always a
> bad idea to use HTML in posting a message.  Sure, at this point the
> majority of mail readers can render HTML.  But ALL mail readers (even
> the ones that understand HTML) can render plain text.  Not to mention
> the size increase of messages written using HTML, but that's another
> subject....
>
> I hope this (rather lengthy reply, sorry about that :-) ) gives you a
> bit better insight into the matter. :-)

Having missed Ethan's OP, you have missed the main point of peoples'
complaints.  Ethan is refusing advice on how to set Thunderbird to reply, and
is doing a most peculiar and unintelligible method of his own, which also
breaks threading.

As a Thunderbird user, could you possibly try telling Ethan again how he needs
to set Thunderbird to produce comprehensible replies.  His persistent use of
his own peculiar method must be turning off more people that just me.  I
didn't even read his last, most complicated one.

I agree with your comment about changing subjects.  I have changed this to
increase the liklihood that, if you reply to my email, Ethan will see and
read it.

Thanks,
Lisi