Re: sudo questions

Le 16.08.2013 16:03, Jerry Stuckle a écrit :
On 8/16/2013 8:31 AM, berenger.morel@neutralite.org wrote:
Le 15.08.2013 04:11, Richard Hector a écrit :
By using su, with root's password, that means everyone who has root has full root and knows the same password, so that will have to be changed if they are to be blocked, which means communicating the new password to
all the required users.

I apologize, but I think that this statement about everyone with root
access having the same password is wrong.
You can just create an root account for every people with root access,
giving them the ID 0 and you will not need to communicate highly
sensitive passwords.

Which would be a major security risk.  You do NOT want a bunch of ids
with root privileges.  Nor do you want anyone but the system
administrator (and backup) to have full root access to the system.

Why would it be worse than a shared admin account? For the shared account, I can easily understand why it's not something to do, but I can not see the problem with multiple "root" accounts? (I did not said that the admins should use them for daily tasks, just that it was possible to use that to avoid changing a password when someone lost his rights.)