Re: post-install questions

-------- Message original --------
Sujet: Re: post-install questions
Date : Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:06:17 +0200
De : François Patte <francois.patte@mi.parisdescartes.fr>
Pour : berenger.morel@neutralite.org

Le 16/08/2013 14:54, berenger.morel@neutralite.org a écrit :
> Le 11.08.2013 23:53, François Patte a écrit :
>> See attachment: auctex package is only a lisp package for emacs and
>> texlive is absolutely not needed.... The dependency problem is only a
>> packager craze!
>
> The easier solution I can see is to make an empty package with the
> name you want, and then use dpkg to install it.
>
> In few words, such a package can be made by creating a folder with the
> name of the final package (not sure that this naming stuff is
> required), say barfoo.
> Then, create the file barfoo/DEBIAN/control, and fill it with desired
> info, like this:
> ==============
> barfoo/DEBIAN/control
> ______________
> Package: barfoo
> Version: X.Y.Z
> Section: whatever
> ==============
> Next step is to do "#dpkg-deb -b barfoo ./ && dpkg -i barfoo.deb" and
> this will create and install your package.
>
> Now, you have two solutions: make a package for auctex, with the
> dependencies you want, or make dumb packages for it's dependencies you
> do not want. Of course, it auctex really depends on them, you will
> only achieve to break it... but I think you guessed that :)
>
> PS: there are probably a lot of better ways to create debian packages.
> But, this one seems the easiest one for me. You can also add other
> files in DEBIAN, so that the package manager can manage other
> informations like hash of the files... you can have all the examples
> you want from the debian's packages you will find in
> /var/cache/apt/archive. You just need to extract files from the debs,
> with a usual archive manager or dpkg itself, I do not know if there is
> a real difference.

Thanks for the suggestion; I followed the command given by Andrew and it
worked:

dpkg --force-depends package.deb

I don't understand the way packagers build the dependencies because I
installed the same way another package, lyx,  which strongly depends on
texlive (or other TeX installation) because you cannot use it without latex.

The first time I launched lyx, it found without any problem my texlive
installation which is on /opt.... debian installation of texlive (2012,
one year late...) is on /usr.

Who can understand!

Regards.

--