Re: Login screen for Wheezy/Xfce

Klaus Jantzen wrote:
> where do I specify the content of the login screen:
> -  automatically using Xfce
> -  automatic login a user without password

As you can tell by the questions the answer depends upon which
graphical login manager (xdm, x display manager) you are running.

  gdm
  gdm3
  kdm
  ldm
  lightdm
  xdm

If you tell us which you are using then someone can probably say how
to set up autologin.  But for example while gdm worked okay this
changed and gdm3 I don't think it has a kiosk mode.

Let me assume or recommend lightdm.  Edit /etc/lightdm/lightdm.conf
and set autologin-user in the SeatDefaults section:

  [SeatDefaults]
  autologin-user=yourusernamehere

Bob