Re: Quoting Style Re: Installing mysqldump

Sorry, Ethan.  I don't normally keep doing this. :-(
Sent to list where it should have been in the first place.

On Wednesday 14 August 2013 17:35:07 Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> I appreciate your CONSTRUCTIVE criticism.  I surely do not wish to have
> my posts unanswered.
>
> Introduction -
>
> Industrial standard I think is, top quoting and styled email. This is
> the way my Thunderbird is set.  Mail list requirements are the reverse
> as I well know.  Therefore, I have to adjust Thunderbird to these
> requirements.
>
> To get unstyled, shift+write.
>
> Start email. Replying, unstyled, requires the send again option
> [CTRL+E]. The material above my reply is blue.
>
> Here is a sample email trail. Points to be noted are marked as follows

Ouch!  No!!!  Klaus explained to you how to do it at 11:12:51 today.  *Please*
read, mark, learn and  inwardly digest.  This is *awful.*  Klaus has just
tried again to tell you, at 22:22:08.  Please read it.  I repeat, this is
completely unreadable.  (Literally.  I gave up trying to read it.)   If
Icedove were set up correctly, you would also stop breaking threads.

You *must* be able to see that everyone else does it differently from you.
Just set your email client up correctly.  You don't need to do anything else,
except trim appropriately.  My email client, KMail 1.9.10, also has a setting
for telling it if a folder contains a mailing list.  Icedove/Thunderbird may
have something similar.

Lisi