Re: How to use the debian installation iso for installing packages using aptitude

On 8/13/13, Lisi Reisz <lisi.reisz@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday 13 August 2013 15:56:36 Anubhav Yadav wrote:
>> Get:1 http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates Release.gpg [836 B]
>> Hit http://security.debian.org wheezy/updates Release
>> 99% [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for headers] [Waiting for headers]
>>
>> 132 B/s 0s^
>>
>> Last line indicates that it have started using the mirrors.
>
> What have you got in your sources.list?  Please quote the whole thing.
>
> I have never used optical disks to install software, so I will leave
> explaining that to others.
>
> Lisi
>

> --

Here is my sources.list

#

#Added for making the repository from iso
deb file:/media/dvd1-mountpoint debian main contrib non-free

# deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.1.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 DVD
#Binary-1 20130615-23:06]/ wheezy contrib main

#deb cdrom:[Debian GNU/Linux 7.1.0 _Wheezy_ - Official amd64 DVD
#Binary-1 20130615-23:06]/ wheezy contrib main

# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib
# Line commented out by installer because it failed to verify:
#deb-src http://security.debian.org/ wheezy/updates main contrib

# wheezy-updates, previously known as 'volatile'
# A network mirror was not selected during install.  The following entries
# are provided as examples, but you should amend them as appropriate
# for your mirror of choice.
#
#deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib
#deb-src http://ftp.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-updates main contrib

# Debian 7 "Wheezy"
#deb http://http.debian.net/debian/ wheezy main contrib non-free

#backports (Did this for installing bumbelbee project for optimus
feature of nvidia)
#deb http://ftp.debian.org/debian wheezy-backports main contrib

--
Regards,