Re: Installing mysqldump

On Friday 09 August 2013 19:51:25 Bob Proulx wrote:
Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
<snip>

Further, I tried to run mysql and receive the following message-
ERROR 2002 can't connect to local mysql server thru socket '/var/run/mysqld/mysqld.sock' (2)

TIA

Ethan

Dear List -

I now have a desktop, using xfce.

I now have mysqldump.

The following is ABSOLUTELY CRITICAL!

I have to backup a database so I can install it on another computer

When I try to to run mysqldump, I receive the following message: