ice weasel

A site has grabbed hold of ICEWEASEL and when I try to leave or close iceweasel a pop-up appears asking

This page is asking you to confirm that you want to leave - data you have entered may not be saved.

I select leave and it just keeps poping back. I cannot close iceweasel. I rebooted and when I tried to open up iceweasel the offending site reappears. It calls itself 'youtube private' and the site url is 'meista.co.uk'. This is s porn site and I certainly did not visit it!!!

The only way I was able to clear it was to completely delete all history. Looking at the history files I did not see this site listed.It must have been picked up on one of my visits to site that was infected but was not picked up by clamav or my infected site blocker.

I know that deleting history deletes cookies and passwords and 'saved' sign-ons. To prevent such a thing from re-occurring again any ideas as to how it refused to close iceweasel?

John