Re: HDMI output

Andrei POPESCU <andreimpopescu <at> gmail.com> writes:

> On Jo, 31 ian 13, 11:29:17, Tony van der Hoff wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have a HP dv6 laptop, running squeeze/KDE4.
> >
> > I'm trying to view the video output on my TV using the HDMI connection.
> > Evidently from the OSD, the TV recognises that there's something
> > connected, and krandr on the laptop also indicates an HDMI connection.
> > However, there is no video.
> > Presumably this is because Xorg is not correctly set up to drive the
> > HDMI output.
>
> Since you mention krandr I'm assuming you're using free drivers
> (probably radeon).
>
> > Has anyone please got any suggestions on where to look/how to configure
> > this?
>
> Please attach your /var/log/Xorg.0.log.
>
> Kind regards,
> Andrei

Dear Andrei,

   Hi... I'm also having a similar problem.  I'm using wheezy/kde 4 also on
a HP dv6 laptop.  When plugged into my TV via HDMI, the computer recognizes
it as a monitor but there is no video on the TV.  Where should I send my
/var/log/Xorg.0.log file?  It's way to long to post.

Thanx,  Seth
/var/log/Xorg.0.log.