Re: owncloud no longer in wheezy

Martin Steigerwald grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> Does it need to be in backports?

That's the preferred location, AFAIK.

According to the Backports page at http://backports.debian.org/ -

> Backports are packages taken from the next Debian release (called
> "testing"), adjusted and recompiled for usage on Debian stable.
> Because the package is also present in the next Debian release, you
> can easily upgrade your stable+backports system once the next Debian
> release comes out.

In other words, backports packages are specifically compiled and
configured for the current stable release (in this case, Wheezy) from
the testing (in the case, Sid?) release package.

So I'm not sure where you got that idea from. :-)

               --Dave