Re: owncloud no longer in wheezy

On Fri, Aug 09, 2013 at 06:07:04AM -0400, Sean Alexandre wrote:
> I see owncloud is no longer in wheezy, and I'm trying to understand why. Where
> can I find information on why a package was pulled from a release?
>
> I see this, but it only seems to say when it was pulled:
> http://packages.qa.debian.org/o/owncloud.html
>
> It was pulled from testing to unstable on 2013-05-14. I'd like to understand why,
> (and how this works in general.)
>
> Is there somewhere else I can check?
>
> I'm trying to understand the Debian development process as much as anything.
>
> (I had installed owncloud on a wheezy box when wheezy was testing. I want to
> install it again, but this time on wheezy stable.)

I think I just found the answer to my question, here:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=owncloud#_4_2_5

owncloud 4.0 (the version that was in wheezy testing) had a serious bug. It's
been fixed, but in the next release: owncloud 5.0. But, wheezy had already been
frozen by that time and so owncloud got pulled.

So next time I'll check the "Bugs in source package" link to understand
why a package got pulled from a release:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?repeatmerged=no&src=owncloud