Re: dhclient "No DHCPOFFERS received"

Sean Alexandre wrote:
> OK, thanks, that's where I was headed, but was hoping it was
> something more obvious. I can get a tcpdump, but don't know DHCP
> very well. I'll take a look, though, and see what I can figure out.

The 'dhcpdump' package is useful for debugging dhcp issues.  Easier
than wireshark because it is specific to the dhcp protocol.

  $ apt-cache show dhcpdump
  Description-en: Parse DHCP packets from tcpdump
   This package provides a tool for visualization of DHCP packets as
   recorded and output by tcpdump to analyze DHCP server responses.

Use it like this:

  # dhcpdump -i eth0

It will dump the decoded frames to standard output.

Bob