dhclient "No DHCPOFFERS received"

I've got two Debian Wheezy machines. One can connect to my cable modem fine,
and gets an IP address. The other can't. They're both configured the same. Any
ideas why this might be?

The log message I get on the machine that doesn't work is:
Aug  7 06:29:26 moose dhclient: No DHCPOFFERS received.

The configuration on both machines looks the same. I've checked:
* /etc/dhcp/dhclient.conf
* /etc/sysctl.conf
* iptables

What's mysterious about this is that both machines can connect fine to my
TP-LINK home router, and get DHCP leases and IP addresses. It's only when I try
to connect the problem machine to my cable modem that it gets the "No
DHCPOFFERS received."

I know it's not a MAC address issue. Both my TP-LINK home router and the Debian
Wheezy machine that works get DHCP leases without any problems, and have
different MAC addresses.

Any ideas? Thanks!