Re: Backup/Restore software?

On 12/07/2013 10:43 AM, "David Guntner" <david@guntner.com> wrote:

> I've been religiously backing up my Windows machine for years with a
> program called Acronis True Image.  It works well, lets me backup my
> system to a second hard drive in the computer, and will do a weekly full
> backup and daily incremental backups, cleaning up older backup chains
> and so on.
>
> My Linux machine (Debian 6.0.7 at the moment, but planning on updating
> to Wheezy soon), on the other hand, has gone far too long without any
> real backup protection.  I'd like to rectify that if I can. :-)
>
> Is there a Linux backup package that will do pretty much what I
> described above?  I want to be able to set it and forget it so it just
> runs every night on its own and that way I have about a week or two's
> worth of backups to fall back on.  I need it to be able to do a full
> restore in case of a disaster as well as being able to restore selected
> files/directories in case of a "oh why did I rm *that*?" moment. :-)
>
> Any suggestions?
>
>                  --Dave

+1 for Bacula it's the best centralized free enterprize level backup software out there. It has gnome/kde gui and also web interface provided by Webacula project. It has client for linux, mac, windows, bsd etc. Lot of isp's and centralized server management solutions, take UNC for example, have it integrated in their products.