Re: Wheezy rkhunter hidden process found

Hi David,

Am Sonntag, 4. August 2013, 09:25:18 schrieb David Guntner:
> And the saga continues! :-)
>
> In this morning's reports, I found the following notation from rkhunter:
> > Warning: Hidden processes found:
> >          HIDDEN Processes Found: 1	sysinfo.procs = 519   ps_count =
521

> Is this anything I need to be worried about?  And how do I go about
> finding the "hidden" process?  Is this a false positive that I should be
> sticking something into the rkhunter.conf file to get it to ignore?

You could try unhide or unhide.rb to find out more.

And I´d look at the detailed report of rkhunter as well.

And I agree it may well be a false positive.

I have rkhunter on my server and it doesn´t report hidden processes, that what
much does that say?

Ciao,