Re: Deleting chromium DNS cache entry doesn't seem to help.

Hendrik Boom,  3.08.2013:

> Every other program on my laptop finds the right IP number for slashdot.
> It's just Chromium that doesn't.  Even Chrome gets it right.  Somewhere
> Chromium has hidden state I can't expunge.

You could try purging the package ("apt-get remove --purge ...") and
get rid of all not-user-specific state.  And then you could install
again and see if the problem persists.  I don't use chromium much but
*presumably* your bookmarks and other info you'd like to keep are stored
in your home directory and will live through the purge.