Re: tntnet

On Thu, Aug 1, 2013 at 12:04 AM, ChadDavis <chadmichaeldavis@gmail.com> wrote:
> It means synaptic knows of a newer version of google-chrome-stable,
> but since you specifically asked for removal of tntnet it won't touch
> it.
>
> Nothing to worry about.

So, there's no connection between chrome and tntnet, it's just
pointing out that "while I'm doing stuff, there's this other package
that could be upgraded but I'm not going to . . ." ?

That's a good way to put it.

Of course, you want to know why Google Chrome is being held back. Older versions of browsers tend to leak, ... .

(Google was held back on my old desktop for a while, until I upgraded to wheezy.)

And synaptic knowing about tntnet was somewhat reassuring, because it does indicate a high probability that it was installed by someone with admin-level priviledges. Bad if it wasn't you, of course, but not bad if you're sure no one not you has been logging in as you.

Did you check what it was serving?

--
Joel Rees