Blank Screen Asus Zenbook UX32A-DB31

Debian Stable (7.1)
Asus Zenbook UX32A-DB31
DVD Install with Gnome or XFCE

Install works fine, setups up UEFI, full disk encryption. The whole nine yards. Boot to the system after installation, and the boot process shows normal. Once gdm or lightdm starts, the screen immediately goes blank. The backlight is still on, and I can control the brightness using the various function keys. Switching to different ttyl doesn't change anything. Plugging in the HDMI to VGA adapter is non-effective as well. I haven't tried an external monitor yet.

If I suspend the laptop by closing the lid, and I reopen the lid, it will occasionally allow me to see the login screen. Upon logging in, I am presented with the same blank screen.

I can edit grub and get into single user mode just fine. I am having difficulty configuring the wireless from the command line, but I can use the terminal without a problem, and edit files and such.

I appreciate any help you can give. Let me know what information or output you need. I can get that output, but it has to be done from single user mode at this point.
--
Justin Phelps
www.onitato.com

http://www.linkedin.com/in/linuturk