Re: Mysql

On Wed, 2013-07-31 at 00:23 -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
Now that we have established that mysql is not running, how to I restart it?

Doesn't it work, if you follow the Debian Wiki?

https://wiki.debian.org/MySql

It's the second hit when searching for   debian start mysql   by
Google.de and Google.com, the first hit does explain the same.

/etc/init.d/mysql start

============

Ralf -

Thanks.

/etc/init.d/mysql start
Nothing happens.

from the Wiki -

root@meow:/home/ethan# apt-get install mysql-server
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

mysql-server : Depends: mysql-server-5.5 but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
root@meow:/home/ethan# apt-get install mysql-client
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
or been moved out of Incoming.

mysql-client : Depends: mysql-client-5.5 but it is not going to be installed
E: Broken packages
root@meow:/home/ethan#

TIA

Ethan