Vim and gvim yield segmentation fault in X

Hi! I have just made a fresh wheezy installation. /usr/bin/vim.gtk and
/usr/bin/vim.athena run without problem in virtual consoles but they
both output "segmentation fault" immediately after they are launched
from xterm or aterm. I did not encounter such trouble in squeeze.

Reinstalling all packages except perl related ones does not fix the
problem:

COLUMNS=300 dpkg -l | awk '/^i/ {print $2}' | xargs apt-get --reinstall
install

Helps will be greatly appreciated!

Regards,
CN