Re: UPC Fonts

On 23/07/13 06:00, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
Dear List -

I hope that this is not too much off topic.

Does anyone know the name of the UPC font that is used for example:
grocery packages?

Where can I download the fonts?

TIA

Ethan

Would the "barcode" package do what you need: <www.gnu.org/software/barcode/> ? From the man page:

The barcode program is a front-end to access some features of the library from the command line. It is able to read user supplied strings from the command line or a data file (standard input by default) and encode all of them.

--
Klaus

===============

Thanks to all.

UPC fonts do exist online....

Bar Code FAQ Answers
www.adams1.com

Download: UPC-A - Font Download - The World's Biggest Font Site
www.fontyukle.net

TrueType Barcode Font Pack - FREE Download TrueType Barcode Font Pack 3.7 Font Tools Desktop
www.winsite.com

etc....

I was trying to convert a string of numbers to a barcode and then be able to scan and input the barcode to demonstrate a program.

The problem was a defective barcode reader. A new one has been ordered. When it arrives, I will give you an update.

Ethan