Re: UPC Fonts

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 01:00:37AM -0400, Ethan Rosenberg, PhD wrote:
> Dear List -
>
> I hope that this is not too much off topic.
>
> Does anyone know the name of the UPC font that is used for example:
> grocery packages?

I'm not aware of any font for bar codes, per se, mostly because a number
can be encoded differently (for some encodings, there's a difference
between whether the number's in the left or right half of the barcode,
for some, there's parity information to consider).

If you want to create a barcode, try the "barcode" package.

If, instead, you're looking for a human-and-computer readable font,
perhaps you're looking for OCR-A (package: fonts-ocr-a) and OCR-B (not
in debian) or MICR (also not in debian, I believe).