Re: Multiple audio applications with the same Alsa device

Strange was send in reply to the list, but didn't came through.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Date: Sun, 21 Jul 2013 10:29:21 +0200

On Sun, 21 Jul 2013 10:08:19 +0200, darkestkhan <darkestkhan@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Is this really that surprising? For me (and some other I know) it is
> normal mode of operating and I don't think that I'm savant or similar.

For me and others I know it's normal that writing does move, we see colors
when we make music and we are able to notice ms of MIDI jitter but less
people are highly gifted dyslexics and/or synaesthetes.

I know that many people listen to music while they talk to each other at
the same time, so it's likely that many people e.g. listen to music and at
the same time listen to the news, but really listening to a bunch of audio
streams is absolutely unlikely. Others e.g produce music and do audio
research here and there and won't close the production apps, before they
launch a web browser. That's why I mentioned to use a sane sound server,
e.g. jackd and to read the FAQs. However, because this is unlikely there
is this "issue", since for good reasons coders take care about usual
situations first.

Regards,
Ralf

--
Attention! Attackers have gotten every user's local username, password,
and email address from the Ubuntu Forums database.

http://ubuntuforums.org/announce.html