trying to copy audio files from a CD without a file system ...

 I have an audio CD which Linux/Debian/knoppix shows me in a browser window as:
~
cdda://sr0/Track 33.wav
cdda://sr0/Track 1.wav
~
 when I try to copy the audio file to my local drive I get
~
$ mplayer -fs "cdda://sr0/Track 1.wav" -ao
pcm:file="/media/sdb1/audo/Track 1.wav"
MPlayer svn r34540 (Debian), built with gcc-4.7 (C) 2000-2012 MPlayer Team
mplayer: could not connect to socket
mplayer: No such file or directory
Failed to open LIRC support. You will not be able to use your remote control.

Playing cdda://sr0/Track 1.wav.
The start option must be an integer: sr0
Option hostname: Error while parsing m_span parameter start (sr0)
Struct cdda, field hostname parsing error: sr0
Can't open CDDA device.
Failed to open cdda://sr0/Track 1.wav.

Exiting... (End of file)
$
~
 How do you copy files from a CD with no apparent file system (so you
can't mount it and browse to it)?
~
 Thanks
 lbrtchx