USB automount

Hello.  Searched and found nothing to help, yet.

I've upgraded to wheezy and I've added the MATE desktop for wheezy
and everything works well except for one annoying problem.

When I plug in a USB memory stick or card (SD) it mounts the way
it should, no problem. The problem is removing the drive.  If I 'Eject"
the drive, it is removed with no problems. If I use the 'safely remove drive' option the drive is still removed but then it gets remounted on its own, then
needs to removed/unmounted a second time.

dmesg shows the mounted drive to beusing ehci_hcd.  After the
'safely remove drive', the drive is disconnected and then remounted
using ohci_hcd. There seems to be two separate auto mounting
daemons or programs running to do the automount.  A regular USB
disk drive does not behave like this, only memory cards and sticks.

I'm at a loss to find the culprit.  Any suggestions?

thanks,

tony