Re: Backup/Restore software?

Gary Dale grabbed a keyboard and wrote:
> On 12/07/13 12:18 PM, David Guntner wrote:
>>
>> My particular issue is that while I have a second drive for backups
>> already installed in the Windows machine, I don't for the Linux machine.
>> So when I'm ready to start this, I'm going to have to buy the drive.
>> Thus, needing to scrape up the money for the second drive to do the
>> backups to.  Buying one and setting it up as part of a RAID instead
>> protects me from driving a nail through my first drive, but doesn't do
>> much to actually allow me to have a running backup going, which is kinda
>> the point of what I'm trying to do at this time. :-)
>
> I recognized that point and addressed it. RAID isn't backup but it is
> insurance. It wasn't obvious that you had two different machines.
> However, with two machines running different operating systems, the case
> for Bacula is strengthened.

Ah, ok.  Sorry, misread what you were saying in your reply to me.

And yes, I'll be looking over Bacula while making my decision as to what
will work best for me.

Someone pointed out to me in a private reply, though, that Bacula had
dropped their Windows client.  That's not a big deal for me in this
case; I've got a perfectly-well-running backup system in place for the
Windows machine and I'm not looking to replace that. :-)

            --Dave