Re: Backup/Restore software?

----- Original Message -----
> From: "David Guntner" <david@guntner.com>
>
> I'll look into the --set-selections thing you mention above; I'm
> going
> to assume there's a corresponding command that produces
> "mypackagelist,"
> :-) so I suppose I could make it part of the backup procedure to make
> new one of those with each backup run.

Yup, it's:

dpkg --get-selections > mypackagelist

You can run it from cron, or you can have backuppc run it before
performing a backup.

Ralf has a good point about backing up everything possible, just in case.
But even if you do back up your entire system, there's no harm in backing
up your package list like this -- just in case.

-Rob