xmit_hash_policy (bonding) not working

Hi,

I am running Debian 7 with two NICs bonded using 802.3ad and would like to change the xmit_hash_policy from the default layer2 to layer3+4. For this purpose I have added to my bond0 iface definition in /etc/network/interfaces the following parameter:

        xmit_hash_policy layer3+4

Unfortunately it looks like it has no effect because /proc/net/bonding/bond0 still shows:

Transmit Hash Policy: layer2 (0)

Also manually trying to set this option fails:

# echo 1 >/sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/xmit_hash_policy
bash: echo: write error: Operation not permitted

Does anyone have any idea?

Regards,
M.L.