Re: how to contribute package to repository

On Thu, 11 Jul 2013 08:28:36 +0200, Ovcharov Dmitry <dmitry.ovcharov@avicomp.ru> wrote:
Our company is software developer.
Our software is proprietary RDF database.
We would like to include our software package in the official Linux distribution repository.
What do we need for this? A special license? Should we open source codes?

I make believe that this isn't spam.

http://www.debian.org/social_contract.en.html
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-archive.html

Debian is just one Linux distribution. Assumed it should be including to the Debian repositories, than it would be only available for Debian and perhaps distributions based on Debian.

Hth,
Ralf