Re: Debian 6.06 Installation Problem

On Tue, Jul 09, 2013 at 10:28:43AM +0530, Indrajit Gohain wrote:
>    Hi,
>
>    I have a IBM System X 3650 M4 model server. I try to install Operating
>    System Debian 6.06 . Problem arises when installation complete cd eject
>    and reboot the system.
>    After rebooting the system the os not load from hard drive. System
>    restarting again and again...

How far does the booting get you? Does the BIOS check complete? Do you
get the GRUB menu (something like this:
http://screenshots.debian.net/package/grub or possibly with a background
image)? Does the kernel begin booting? Does it get as far as init?

A quick bit of searching suggests to me that your machine may have an
64-bit processor? For that, you should have installed either the i386 or
amd64 variants.

>    I try with RAID 0,RAID 1 and RAID 10.

For RAID 1 and above, try to install GRUB on all disks.