Re: nvidia module

On 07/07/2013 12:01 PM, andrey.rybak@bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
i have jessy. why modprobe cannot find nvidia_drv.so? when i used wheezy i
didnot need the xorg.conf. it stopped to work after upgrading. There was
no problem when i had upgraded from wheeze to jessy. But when kernel
version was changed to 3.9 the problem was occuring. What can be broken?

I had the same problem when I upgraded to testing, because for some reason the nvidia kernel module wasn't upgraded. So try installing nvidia-kernel-3.9-1-686-pae. (The old xorg.conf file also worked, so if you didn't need one with wheezy you might not need one now.)

  Lotek