Re: want to know reason for system restart.

Thanks for sharing,
i already search boot and syslog file in ubuntu.

i am unable to find the issue.no serious error has been reported.

i ran the command " grep -iHR "(reboot|shutdown|restart)" /var/log

but unfortunately i haven't found any eye catching entry
actually the problem machine is ubuntu only, but i am also worried about my 90% debian end environment that i am running since 4 years .if some thing happen to those servers, what would be my options.
this is what i am trying to learn from this guestio