Re: Graphics slower in Wheezy than in Squeeze

Gerardo Ballabio <gerardo.ballabio <at> gmail.com> writes:

> I've recently upgraded my Debian system from Squeeze to Wheezy, but I
> seem to notice that graphical performance has become worse.
>
> In particular, Torcs (car racing game) is now completely unplayable as
> it runs at less than 1 frame per second, while it used to run in the
> 20-50 FPS range depending on the circuit.

After switching to Wheezy I made the same disappointing
experience with mame(6). There should be no influence by
any OpenGL interface as I'm using a very old PCI graphics
card: Silicon Integrated Systems [SiS] 6326. Perhaps the
new version 0.146-5 of M.A.M.E is responsible.

Anyhow, there were some changes of the sound system by the
upgrade to Wheezy. I don't like Windows, but with that
system I won't be faced with this kind of hardware problems
every two years.