Re: Suspend then hibernate when idle

Thanks for the suggestion, but it is not exactly what I am looking for. It is supposed to hibernate in order to save battery life and/or energy.

On Fri, Jul 05, 2013 at 03:06:15PM +0300, Vlad Badelita wrote:
>    I prefer to have my computer suspend after some specified time of no
>    activity, say 20 minutes, and then after about 2 more hours or so
>    hibernate to save power. Also, when specific applications are running(like
>    torrent clients) you should be able to prevent it. I found some solutions
>    I could use to obtain this behaviour but implementing them was way over my
>    head. It would be nice to have this easily available, such as writing a
>    wiki page for this or even a package. Thank you!
>    Please cc  me as I'm not on the mailing list.

Have a look at "Hybrid Sleep". This basically performs a hibernation
but, instead of turning the power off, goes into sleep. If you wake the
machine from sleep, everything's in RAM and you get a quick wake up. But
if the battery runs out during sleep, then everything is also safely on
disk and a boot-from-hibernation will happen.

This manpage should help you get started:
http://manpages.debian.net/cgi-bin/man.cgi?query=pm-suspend-hybrid&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=Debian+7.0+wheezy&format=html&locale=en