Re: How get login history on NIS server during all months?

Em Qua, 2013-07-03 às 20:36 +0200, alberto fuentes escreveu:
> On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:02 PM, Markos <markos@c2o.pro.br> wrote:
> > The command "last -f /var/log/wtmp.1" shows only the month before.
> >
> > Is there any way to get this information?
>

> Im afraid that info is lost. Unless you have more of those
> /var/log/wtmp* logs around...
>
> The retention period of that log can be changed in vim
> /etc/logrotate.conf... you know, for the future ;)

I think I should change the option rotate in /etc/logrotate.conf

/var/log/wtmp {
    missingok
    monthly
    create 0664 root utmp
    rotate 1 <------ change this value to 12 to keep log files for 12
months
}

But I have another doubt. This log only the login at this machine. But
how to log the autentication of other machines at the NIS server?

How keep the login history of NIS clients at only one file at NIS
server?

Is there any way to do that?

My idea is to use this strategy as a alternative to generate an
attendance list of students in classroom.

> hope it helps

Thank you,
Markos