Re: High Load/Interrupts on Wheezy

So since there seems to be a few of us having this issue, are there any Debian or linux kernel engineers out there who are willing to help? Is this the best place for that?

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 3:50 PM, David Mckisick <mckisicd@gmail.com> wrote:
Same issue here exactly and have noticed this since upgrading to Wheezy. We have also delayed upgrading the rest of our servers until this gets fixed.

On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 10:45 AM, Scott Ferguson <scott.ferguson.debian.user@gmail.com> wrote:
On 04/07/13 00:30, Will Platnick wrote:
> More troubleshooting steps:
>
> Built and installed latest 3.10 kernel, no change in interrupts
> Built and installed latest 2.6.32 kernel, and I am back to Squeeze level
> loads and no high timer, rescheduling, non-maskable or performance
> interrupts are present.
>
> So, does anybody have any idea what changed in the 3.2+ series that
> could cause this?

Nope. But I've been experiencing the same thing so following your posts.
I've set up two identical LAMP servers hosting identical sites using
Virtualmin, one pure, standard (untweaked) Squeeze, the other pure,
standard (untweaked) Wheezy built from the same package list.  The
Squeeze one runs fine in 256MB of RAM, the Wheezy takes nearly three
times as long to boot, likewise to shutdown *even* when given 512MB of
RAM. Identical virtualmachine setups.

I've logged the output of ps aux and will compare them tomorrow night -
if I find anything obvious I'll post them.

Everything else is similar to your results.

> On Wed, Jul 3, 2013 at 8:06 AM, Will Platnick <wplatnick@gmail.com
> <mailto:wplatnick@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Something else I just noticed now that I'm on a screen high enough
>     to show all of /proc/interrupts on one line:

<snipped>

Kind regards

answers to Debian questions:-