Re: kernel not upgraded to wheezy

On 01 Jul 2013, Andrei POPESCU wrote:

> 1. Since the kernel packages have different names they are not upgrades
> in the sense of the package manager (like installing package foo version
> 1.2.3 to upgrade from foo version 0.1.2 is).
>
> If you want/need this to be handled by the package manager have a look
> at the linux-image-<flavour> packages.
>
> 2. The method of installing is irrelevant, the kernel will not be used
> until you reboot anyway ;)

Although I have installed the 3.9 kernel and it is present in
/boot/grub/menu.lst, it never appears in the menu when I boot. Repeated
runs of update-grub don't fix this. I reverted to grub-legacy because of
configuration problems with grub2 but that didn't allow the new kernel
to appear either.

AC

--
Anthony Campbell - ac@acampbell.org.uk