Re: strange execute-command-as dialog pops up

On 06/30/13 19:23, Joel Rees wrote:
After the reboot, I decided to install the flashrom package, and after the
install finishes, I find in front of me what appears to be an
execute-command-as dialog.

Every time I see people posting messages "upgrading from major version N to N+1", I just shake my head. That used to be me.

I now back up/ archive my data, move my data to different system(s), reconfigure my back up/ archive scripts, back up/ archive my data, take an image of the system drive, wipe the system drive, do a fresh install, take an image of the system drive, move my data back, reconfigure my back up/ archive scripts, and back up/ archive my data.

As I gain experience with N+1, I repeat the process until I'm satisfied with the result.

Good luck,

David