Re: Ethernet Card not detected

On 23/06/13 13:12, Brian wrote:
On Sat 22 Jun 2013 at 10:21:22 +0100, Klaus wrote:

Quick web search for "Intel i217-v linux" would have led you to
<https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Detail_Desc.aspx?agr=Y&DwnldID=15817&lang=eng&wapkw=i217-v>,
there is a README and there are installation instructions.

A quick

    /sbin/modinfo e1000e | grep author

would have indicated to you that the kernel already has this module. Why
send him off to get something which is already on his system and which
he would also have to compile?

Brian, thanks for the info, sorry I didn't check that before. Also, I've not downloaded the tar archive from the Intel site myself; I'd guessed that it not only contains the kernel module, but additionally any firmware binary needed for the card?

--
Klaus