Re: Ethernet Card not detected

Please have a look at the Debian wiki: <http://wiki.debian.org/Firmware>
There are firmware packages in the Debian distribution, and Intel for example also provides a tarball of drivers. Do you know which Ethernet interface you have on-board your motherboard? In my case it looks like this:

$ lspci | grep -i ethernet
02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd. RTL8111/8168 PCI Express Gigabit Ethernet controller (rev 02)