Re: Packaging tutorial

On Mon, Jun 17, 2013 at 12:18:29AM +0300, Vadim Kolchev wrote:
> В Вск, 16/06/2013 в 22:30 +0200, Slavko пишет:
> > Dňa 16.06.2013 21:33 Vadim Kolchev  wrote / napísal(a):
> >
> > > have some experience. So my questions are:
> > > 1. What do I need to know to learn debian packaging
> > > 2. What mandatory steps are there to build package properly
> > > 3. Are there any known resources on the internet that give step-by-step
> > > examples of package building with detailed explanation of all the steps?
> > >
> > > Thanks in advance and sorry if posted to wrong mailing list.
> >
> > Don't worry, this is a proper ML for this.
> >
> > The http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/maint-guide/index.en.html is not
> > enough for you?
> >
> > regards
> >
> Thanks for your reply.
>
> Well, I can't say that it is not enough but I'd like to see examples for
> packaging of different type of software from beginning to end with step
> by step explanation, if such resource exists. As I said, the link you
> provided is totally great for reference of knowledge, but is not
> intended to be used by those who only make first steps.

I'd like to see such things.
Most packaging docu I've seen seems to assume you are writing
applications in C.
It leaves me very confused when, for instance, trying to package a
program written in tcl or bash that has no make files and stuff.

./tony
--
http://www.tonybaldwin.me
art, music, software by me, tony