Re: RedHat and MariaDB

On Sat, June 15, 2013 6:58 am, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2013 at 09:10:40PM -0700, Weaver wrote:
>> I'm sick of installing this package and this one and that and the other,
>> then looking up at the end of the install to find that mysql,
>> postgresql,
>> firebird, and two or three other database structures have all been
>> pulled
>> in as dependencies.
>
> I have never noticed this.

I have on a number of occasions.
Perhaps it depends on individual package selection and install size.

>> Surely we can make things a little tidier than that.
>
> We?

Unless things have changed lately, I was under the impression that Debian
was a community.
Cheers!

Weaver

--
"It is the duty of the patriot to protect his country from its  government."
 -- Thomas Paine

Registered Linux User: 554515