Re: RedHat and MariaDB

On Sat, June 15, 2013 1:05 am, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> On Vi, 14 iun 13, 21:10:40, Weaver wrote:
>>
>> Surely we can make things a little tidier than that.
>> Is it really so hard to settle policy on one database - Postgresql? -
>> then
>> modify Debian packages, including LibreOffice, for that.
>
> Debian package maintainers usually try to stay as close as possible to
> upstream (or to integrate their patches where it makes sense to do so),
> in order to avoid re-patching software at every new upstream release.
>
> You could of course try to convince upstream projects to stick with only
> on SQL engine. And while you're at it please also convince them to use
> only one programming language, VCS, repository layout, build system, GUI
> toolkit, etc.

Well, we can give them a little creative leeway, I think, Andrei, but
perhaps a bit of consistency with database and something resembling an
anti-bloat policy.
Just a suggestion?
Something for them to ponder on and finally realise as a good idea.
They can have the interface as gtk or qt for all I care.
I don't see that as an issue.
Cheers!

Weaver