Re: proposed updates

On Mi, 29 mai 13, 11:27:17, Greg wrote:

> With the proposed-updates enabled:
>
> $ apt-cache policy
>  500 http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/ wheezy-proposed-updates/main amd64 Packages
>      release v=7.0-updates,o=Debian,a=proposed-updates,n=wheezy-proposed-updates,l=Debian,c=main
>      origin ftp.us.debian.org

> It looks to me the pinning isn't working, it shows nothing over 500
> whether proposed-updates is enabled or disabled. I placed the file

Yes, your pinning isn't working and 'apt-cache policy' is the perfect
tool for diagnosing it.

> in /etc/apt/preferences.d/. Here is my exact pinning file:

(thanks, forgot to ask for it)

> Package: *
> Pin: release a=wheezy
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=wheezy-updates
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=wheezy-security
> Pin-Priority: 1001
>
> Package: *
> Pin: release a=wheezy-proposed
> Pin-Priority: -10

Look above: the proposed updates entry I kept has
"a=proposed-updates,n=wheezy-proposed-updates", but your entry has
neither. I would suggest you use "n=wheezy-proposed-updates" for the
pin, because it is more specific.

Kind regards,
Andrei