proposed updates

I need to remove packages from proposed-updates. There were recently
some changes made to several x packages that I installed last night. I
wish I hadn't. Since upgrading, x has frozen nearly a half dozen times.
I can restart gdm and recover and I've tried rebooting, but the problem
still occurs. The problem has occured within just 5 minutes of
restarting gdm, and seems to happen when the system is idle for a few
minutes.

I followed instructions about using apt pinning to do this at:

I'm running wheezy (not ubuntu, so I changed all references of fiesty to
wheezy.

However none of the packages get removed nor any installed whether I use
aptitude or "apt-get update ; apt-get dist-upgrade "

Thanks.

Here is the text from the link:

You can use APT pinning to accomplish this
(http://wiki.debian.org/AptPinning)

Create file /etc/apt/preferences with contents
Code:

Package: *
Pin: release a=feisty
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: *
Pin: release a=feisty-updates
Pin-Priority: 1001

Package: *
Pin: release a=feisty-proposed
Pin-Priority: -10

Priority over 1000 allows downgrading. This should make apt believe that
packages from feisty and feisty-updates are newer.

To simulate
Code:

sudo aptitude -s upgrade

To perform the downgrade