Re: fscked usb

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 04:38:07PM +0100, Sharon Kimble wrote:
>    Its become apparent today that all of my usb system is fscked! in that i

fsck should only be used to check filesystems :)

>    have to unplug and replug in the usb keyboard and mouse at bootup in
>    lightdm greeter before they can be used. And then I have to do the same
>    with 3 external hard drives. I also have a brand new printer that cannot
>    be seen by 'lsusb', so I reckon that its fscked, but how do I correct it
>    please?
>    This question has some urgency behind it as i only have till the 2nd June
>    before the window closes for me returning the printer for a refund.
>    Can anyone help me please?

Are there any error messages in dmesg, /var/log/syslog during bootup
(put them in a pastebin and send the link to the mailing list, if you're
not sure)?

When you unplug/replug a device, the kernel should emit a series of
messages identifying the device. You should also be able to find those
messages shortly after boot as the kernel enumerates the bus.