Re: Crossgrade to Amd64

On Du, 26 mai 13, 11:38:36, David Baron wrote:
> I followed the instructions on
> http://wiki.debian.org/FAQsFromDebianUser#Are_cross-grades_possible
>
> Needed one more :amd64 package which I installed, then installed the dpkg-
> amd64 successfully.

Could you please update the package with the package?

> So now I have 90+ "broken" packages.
> If I "fix," it will simply (re-)install dpkg, putting me back on i386.
>
> Then, (with no new update), have 20+ broken packages (:amd64) which the "fix"
> will simply remove. Most of these have been around a while and were never
> flagged or gave problems (since simply never used).
>
> So how do I complete the changeover?

A full cross-grade can only work if all relevant packages have been
converted to multi-arch. The alternative is to remove the i386 package
and install the amd64 version instead. Depending on your set of packages
it may be simpler to just reinstall ;)

Kind regards,
Andrei