Searching for process filling root FS.

Good time of the day.

I watch carefully disk space on my root device i try to find the
culprit that fills the space.

For example, i have free space only 100 MiB. After 2-3 hours space is
gone. After reboot i see the space again.

What i did is "du -ms" for every dir. on the disk only (not
for /dev, /sys, ...) - before i have the space and after it vanished
away.

The interesting point is that though total free disk spaces are
different for the amount of MiB, yet every dir. size is the same or 2-3
of it differs no more that 1 MiB.

So question is, how it may be? Is it so large calculations drift ?

Thanks for Your time.

Sthu.