Re: FQDN via DHCP, then used in exim4

Thanks All,

I fully accept that exim is as it is, and being an (instrumentation-)developer
myself it's easy to see how we got here. As stated in my very first post,
I did make it all work by using "proper" ;-) entries in /etc/hosts,
hostname and mailname. This being my first email server installation,
I was simply surprised and wanted to understand the background.

So, thanks again for your explanations and your patience

Klaus